Monday, November 22, 2010

Lip To Ear Chain Piercing

In Pursuit of Fellowship

As you know, I put ice on my exams to become a Fellow.

I did my FA to become involved in December 2009 and I became involved unofficially in early February and officially end in February 2010. Since then, nothing.

At first I assumed I had planned for further review. Then came records of assets. Then came the extract of actuarial valuation. Then the statements of assets (bis). M'enfin ... I always had very good reasons.

Axel told me you'll try you in the fall, and I said yeah probably. Then came the fall. And slowly but surely I got the idea that I would not continue.

In fact, it gives me "no" directly contrary to Axel put that automatically increases to the award review. Also, for what little I know, this is not really known to me (long story why, but all that to say it would have taken me to be in consultation and not outsourcing).

Of course long term is certainly different. That would give me the opportunity to travel or otherwise just increased my "market value" (which is always a good thing). But I like where I am now well, then is it so serious?

But life being what it is ...

Thursday, a girl with whom I work has started to put pressure. She started saying that I should continue my exams, I would expect that over the longer it would be difficult, and if someone had to become a Fellow "here" (the team) it was me . That this shit to be told this. She even gave me time to become a Fellow.

Here I return home Friday, Axel talks to me on MSN to tell me something, and it adds a "by the way are beginning to study in 2 weeks!". It was the day I call you back. I have not really answered but I almost flinch ... especially as it started to trot in my head.

Finally, today one receives an email that says it's time to order our books and study guides and stuff for the exams of SOA. Attached Excel file, fill it out, get your stuff, blah blah blah.

So fuck it, I will register for an exam next summer.

fucking fate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment